Red intestinal worms

Jloebenberg

I've been looking all over the internet with limited success. Hopefully I can get some help here. My yellow eyed Kole tang poops in only one corner of the thank (125g). He is the first tang I've kept and the tank is about 15 months old. He's been in the tank for probably 6 months plus 6ish weeks in copper and prazipro QT before hand. He eats like a pig and poops 20ish times a day probably. The area he poops is covered in red worms. I know they aren't spaghetti worms because they are all over my tank. He is fat and a sporadic ahole who bullies all the other fish in my tank (5 chromis, a cardinal, 1firefish, and gramma). I do see a bit of red coming out of his anus. I'm thinking Camallanus Worms, but there is so little information I can find. Any help would be awesome. He ( the yellow eyed kole) also exhibits tang fingerspot disease if that's even a thing. I honestly feel like it's just a response to his environment.

Worn picture through coralline

Worn picture through coralline

It's tough to get a goo up close shot because that corner is hard to scrape and is covered in coralline. Hopefully you can see what I see.

Attachments

• 716CC451-C638-4744-8322-9A4411B6EA84.jpg
    716CC451-C638-4744-8322-9A4411B6EA84.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1
I have no idea what that is. I wanna say Spaghetti Worms or Hydroids, but I don't think either is right.

I have plenty of spaghetti worms in my tank. To the point that I’m about to start removing them from my sand bed. I’ve never seen red ones though. And they’re only in that corner ever he poops.

I have plenty of spaghetti worms in my tank. To the point that I’m about to start removing them from my sand bed. I’ve never seen red ones though. And they’re only in that corner ever he poops.

I would start food soaking fenbendazole and see what happens. Just use a binder (e.g. Seachem Focus, unflavored gelatin or agar), and also run carbon in case a little of the medication leaches out of the food.

Back