Red Sea AI Hydra 26 lights not working

Triple T

I can never get them to sync together. Red Sea has told me that I dont have a strong enough wifi signal and so has AI. I am in the IT business and have had my company do a wifi review of my house and I have no dead spots and extremely good signal near my tank. I am about to go back to using the the T5 setup that came with the tank. Has to be better. If anyone has solved this commonly known issue please let me know.

Thanks

Do you have an extra router/access point you can place close to your tank and then configure it in bridging mode to your primary?

I find that clicking scan for lights and then connecting, then refresh the page. It shows up that way for me when there are issues..

The wifi range on the Hydra HDs is pretty crappy, IME, even more-so if inside a canopy. If you want a good fix, put a wifi range extender near the tank and connect the Hydras to that. I had the same issue when I set mine up and after adding a range extender it has worked perfectly. I also have otherwise excellent wifi coverage in the house. (I'm actually an IT guy too.) :)

i have the S650 and replaced the T5 fixture it came with and added 4 Hydra AI 26 LED lights. i had numerous ongoing issues with the lights until i figured this fact out...NEVER ACCESS YOUR LIGHTS WITH SMARTPHONE APP UNTIL TO MANUALLY SWITCH YOUR WI-FI SETTING TO THE LIGHTS' LOCAL ADDRESS. then make your changes....

I have never had an issue with the lights since learning this trick.

i have the S650 and replaced the T5 fixture it came with and added 4 Hydra AI 26 LED lights. i had numerous ongoing issues with the lights until i figured this fact out...NEVER ACCESS YOUR LIGHTS WITH SMARTPHONE APP UNTIL TO MANUALLY SWITCH YOUR WI-FI SETTING TO THE LIGHTS' LOCAL ADDRESS. then make your changes....

I have never had an issue with the lights since learning this trick.

Accessing them via MyAi vs. the local IP address is a slightly different issue than this. When the lights aren't close enough to a strong signal, you will often lose connectivity to them or the child light(s) will be unable to connect to the parent. They just need to be in closer proximity of a router or access point than most other wifi devices to function properly.

Back