red sea prizm delux NOISY

ped the great

My skimmer is too noisy for my likeing is there anything i should be changing it for remember im in the uk twice the price and small selection. the collection cup on the top is filling with water quite quickly any ideas.

ello mate , i had one of those and they are noisey , have you got that little tube connected to the collection cup ? bear with me i had it way back and cant remember much about it .

yeah i have connected it to the collection cup and i cant hear the tv lol. the collection cup fills quite quick if you dont get the flow right im really get angry with it. im going to take it out tonight and exchange it for the seaclone 100 tomorrow i think or the tmc v2 400 which i was originally going to buy.

sounds right to me, the prizm i had i gave away cos it was going to get shot otherwise lol, i upgraded a while ago and got a v2 in my sump now dunno what its like noise wise cos its under the tank but it deffo works better.

true , if there is one fing you learn in this hobby is ya might as well lash out first as last, wish i had done the same with my seios cos they are a waste of money, but i couldnt afford tunzes.

thats the thing i know it can be expensive but ive taken my time and done some research and saved myself some money by shopping around. im a bit of a perfectionist and its bugs me. My first fish clown fish is like a shark he is eating every last bit of brine shrimp and when u open the lid pokes his head out the water and looks at u. thats it its going back seaclone 100 ive heard is better looking at reviews online. i was gonna post some pics but i cant work out how u do it.

nah i cant do it either, wont take my format and i just cant be asked at the moment, do you buy stuff on line cos if so i no a top shop online if ya fancy a gander.

i have one

i have one

ok mine is doing really well once it was adjusted correctly i have no noise you must let it settle in and your bubbles should just bubble up at the throwt balls the neck not to high or like you say just fills with water it tock me a few days to get the hang of it but it sure pulls some stinking crap out just a reply from another uk reefer

yeah whats the website i saved Ã"šÃ‚£150 on the rio 180 tank Ã"šÃ‚£100 on the eheim filter i paid over the odds for the prizm skimmer not happy about that. but after looking at the seaclone 100 i am feeling happier im using a maxijet 400 in the tank anyway and thats silent. the seaclone uses a maxijet 100 so i have some faith.

theres some good stuff on there i will have a propper look later. my live rock is starting to grow small green bits on and so is the sand in the bottom does this mean the tank is starting to grow and mature.

reefstore

reefstore

bluerage that place is so cool they are in scotland there new site is getting more on it i have made one order from them erm last week so impresed i have another this week not sure wot prices are where you are but they are damn expensive in essex so just for that those guys at reefstore rock well i think its scotland Caerphilly, Glamorgan, is where they are have a look

lol take it from me bob its south wales mate i work in caerphilly ;-), ive lived here for 20 odd years now, but you are right they are a cracking bunch and there stuff is second to none.

yeah if its 4th week its still gonna be cycling, if you are going clean up crew i would advise turbos, nassarius snails to start with, there wont be much for the shrimps or crabs to eat yet. i take it you aint got fish in yet ?

Back