Red Sea Reefer 425XL - SwissFragReefer

SwissFragReefer

Hello Reefer Friends!

I would like to show my tank I was building over the last 1.5 years. The theme of this tank was in the beginning to be heavily SPS dominated with Montipora corals. I did bought a redsea425XL after already owning a RS250 and the Max Nano.

8269104E-AB25-4CA4-A4BC-504E4BA92C4F.JPG

tempImageqT81lg.jpg

tempImageIHAPlg.jpg

tempImagewgkdGC.jpg

I just love the simplicity and design from RedSea and its ecosystem. So I went ahead and also got the Reefled 160s (running 100%white 100%blue) and the reef wave 45 (running random 100%) together with a Vector M2 (running 45%). Caribs Reef Grade live sand and CaribSea Reef Tree Live Rock kit (3pcs) - However I did remove 1 Life Tree kit after a while since it was just to much rock, when the coral started to take off.

tempImager5wUCk.jpg

tempImagepoFwn2.jpg

For filtration I do use a Reefer Skimmer RSK-600 and a Clarissa Gen2 Filterroller (want to exchange that in the future with the RedSea Filter roller). I do use Redsea Reef Spec Carbon. The water itself is RedSea blue bucket salt (8dkh) and exclusively the only thing I dose in the tank is Tropic Marine All-For-Reef. I did in the past on other tanks use a lot of different products, but the All-For-Reef works so great for me I would not try anything else for now.

tempImagenhJ8BM.jpg

At one point I wanted to move the tank from the hall way to the "fish room". Since I made so much work on the tank all the time it was just not very practical to have to do all that in the hallway. I use now a room in our house completely dedicated to the aquarium hobby (which is awesome). I had to take everything out of the tank to move it into the new room. I took all corals and rock out into buckets and drained all the tank water. Only the sand I left inside.

I bought sliders for under the tank and was "sliding" the tank into the new room.

tempImagel2MpXY.jpg

I took a LOT of time to make sure again everything is absolutely level before I started to add the rocks and corals back into the tank. At this point I decided to slightly alter the rock work and make again 2 islands, one on the left and one on the right side.

tempImageCU5tJb.jpg

tempImageEkAeqL.jpg

I was actually hoping that the Coraline algae on the back survives the tank move, but it was too long exposed to the air. So at one point I scrapped it all off. It looks now better than ever. A very nice clean look.

Here a summary of my gear: (Let me know if you have any questions)

Aquarium: RedSea Reefer 425XL
Light: ReefLed 160s (80%blue / 90%white)
Flow: Reefwave 45 (100% random)
Salt: RedSea Salt (blue bucket 8DKH)
Rock: Caribsea Coral Tree kit
Sand: Caribsea Reef-Grade sand
Skimmer: RedSea RSK-600 (24 hours)
Filterroller: Clarisea Gen 2
Return Pump: Ecotech Vectra M2
Heater: EHEIM 300W Jaegger
Dosing additive: All-For-Reef Tropic Marine (100ml per day in 24 increments)
Controller: Neptune Systems Apex
UV sterilizer: Pentair 25Watt (24hours)
Fish Food: Reef Nutrition TDO Chroma Boost (3 times daily)
Coral Food: Reef Roids / Polyp Labs (weekly)
Algae Management: Brightwell Aquatics Phosphat-e (when needed)

Awesome, beautiful tank.. Can i ask how you take such amazing photos? What setup/settings?
Thank you! I use a Sony A7s3 camera with a 16-35mm and a 90mm macro lens. White balance depends on the room light, mostly around 6k-7k Kelvin. For pictures I use additionally Adobe Lightroom and for video Final Cut Pro.

Obviously a good camera like the sony has quite some quality advantage to your Iphone or smartphone. It still needs a lot of patience and time.

But for example to complete such a video like shown above it can take me easy 5-6 hours to complete if not more. But I love itšŸ˜ŠšŸ“ø

I am actually still thinking about adding a T5 hybrid... on the other side I just love the dramatic shimmer. What would you guys recommend?

Back