Red Sea warranty??

m0nkie

Has anyone dealt with Red Sea and their warranty? My warranty covers until April 28, 2020. 2 days away!

so my RS 170 sprung a leak today. At the rear end bottom left corner. The seal had a stream of water pouring out. hit an extension cord and caught that on fire for a second. Good thing I was 10ft away and saw the firework. turned off the power.

Anyways.. wondering if anyone has ever dealt with RS warranty? do you get replacement tank if the seam leak? how long? I emailed BRS and Redsea about the issue. It's Sunday so they are all off. tomorrow when they work, I'm only 1 day away from warranty

the only good thing I can say is I have another RS tank nearby to hold all the inhabitants.. tank hoarding lol..

cXM0vzg.jpg

nqyBpNV.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a red sea reefer 250. Join red sea max/reefer owners in facebook. Post about the issue. Im pretty sure they will cover it. There are some cases there that they replace the tank even out of warranty. Also I think they extend the tank warranty to 3 yrs.

gotcha! thanks! joining the group today.

the 3 year warranty is if I registered it after purchase. I'll post the issue on FB on see what the response is.

So sorry Monkie.

The stands on these setups scare me. Nothing bracing the middle of particle board and the front glass plane is not even supported by the stand.

So sorry Monkie.

The stands on these setups scare me. Nothing bracing the middle of particle board and the front glass plane is not even supported by the stand.

lol ya, I dont get why they leave out half an inch in the front.. but gotta use it to keep the warranty

lol ya, I dont get why they leave out half an inch in the front.. but gotta use it to keep the warranty

Because some genius thinks the cool kids wants a flush look on the door and tank panel.... It's slick, but probably what's causing all of these structural issues.

OMG, thank goodness you were right there! Even if you were in another room at the time, so scary to think what might have been!

gave me quite a scare with the fire... prepared for everything but not a side tank leak. going to need to mount these outlets higher..

W0qGkgx.jpg

Bummer bro.
[MENTION=129959]s2k[/MENTION]

gave me quite a scare with the fire... prepared for everything but not a side tank leak. going to need to mount these outlets higher..

W0qGkgx.jpg

Gravity > water. Everything I have it mounted above on the ceiling. The amount of wires..:uzi:

So sorry Monkie.

remember when we went to build Tony's stand and I immediately looked at it and said that **** gon fail. I'm obviously smarter than an engineer.:smokin:

Back