RedSea Package

AlanInMiami

Hello

We are planning on getting a Red Sea Reefer G2 system. It includes, tank, filter, light, etc. Every piece of equipment needed to start. Anyone have any experience with these? Is there a better option, or are these the best? Brand new to Reef Keeping so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Alan

Red Sea is one of the more popular brands, however I have heard a lot about seam failures, so I would look into that first (not sure how the G2 applies and we all know we hear the complaints more than the positives usually). Could also look into Cade, Waterbox, and Innovative Marine

Hello

We are planning on getting a Red Sea Reefer G2 system. It includes, tank, filter, light, etc. Every piece of equipment needed to start. Anyone have any experience with these? Is there a better option, or are these the best? Brand new to Reef Keeping so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Alan
Hi I personally own a Red Sea Max E170. Been 6-7 years running with a tear down twice because of Velvet exposure from a tainted fish sold to my husband. Also fumigated my house in April., and had to set up temp tanks at my neighbors for months before I could bring my coral and fish back to theirs homes Nightmare again. I believe the brand is pretty darn good for all in one or build your own with there products. The only thing to consider is the depth. Deep is good, I love the look it gives, BUT so hard to aqua scape, clean and get things out or in. Awkward and hard. But, when I had to clean it up and restart the build of new ocean it was easy to strip clean. (I am a clean freak so I am stopping that impulse this time around) If I ever buy a bigger one it wont be as deep as I have now. And bigger is better. I hear that all the time. I am used to keeping an eye on things and takes longer to turn around when something is amiss. Thinking of a bigger longer tank, but the thought of restarting stops me dead in my tracks. Good luck with your decision making. I hope I helped you think of something you maybe did not think about.

Kind regards, McReefer Nista

A LFS near me just setup a new Reefer S 1000 G2 recently. Nice looking tank and it has the euro brace around the front and both sides. Ironically (Along what reefing102 mentioned), it was a replacement for a slightly older Reefer system that had seams that were bubbling and starting to fail. Red Sea warrantied it and they just paid a small difference to upgrade. Anyway, there are a lot of nice looking tanks between the major brands. Waterbox also just revamped their Reef LX tanks that have a CNC machined one piece euro brace around the top (With light bracket cutouts), which is pretty slick looking.

Red Sea G2, Cade and Waterbox all make good stuff from my understanding. I have an IM 100 EXT which has been running for two years and I'm happy with it. Also, they have been doing random 40% off spotlight sales lately. I think you need to be on their email list to get the info.

Here's a link to their current special for a 100 peninsula

Back