Reducing Tee needed

mpderksen

Got my chiller and most of the fittings. One thing I still can't find is a Tee the is 3/4" barbed, Going to two 1/2" barbed. The output from the chiller will be 3/4", and I want to split it to two 1/2" return lines. I would prefer a "Y", but can't even find a Tee. Help?

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewi...ntent=FT7943&gclid=CPOMu5_5r74CFYqFfgodb08A1g

btw i wouldnt restrict or put back pressure on chiller. just my 2 cents.

I don't think I am, am I? (That sounds like Dr. SeussšŸ˜œ). Two 1/2" lines have more flow than a single 3/4", which is the biggest fitting that comes with the chiller, and I'm going straight to the DT with it through 2 returns like they recommend.
Wish they had 3/4" x 1/2" x 1/2", but I can use a reducer. Not as pretty, but it will be in the back.
9useva3a.jpg

You are going to be running your skimmer, 2 reactors, chiller and return from one pump. I don't think that Quite one is going to cut it. The 5000 is rated at 1400gph, but that is with nothing attached, with head height and plumbing you are going to be well below that I would guess alot closer to 1000gph, minus 300 for the chiller you are looking at only 700gph at the return. That is not including the skimmer which you are saying needs 700gph and then the reactors that probably need around 300-400. If I were you I would definitely run the skimmer separately

You are going to be running your skimmer, 2 reactors, chiller and return from one pump. I don't think that Quite one is going to cut it. The 5000 is rated at 1400gph, but that is with nothing attached, with head height and plumbing you are going to be well below that I would guess alot closer to 1000gph, minus 300 for the chiller you are looking at only 700gph at the return. That is not including the skimmer which you are saying needs 700gph and then the reactors that probably need around 300-400. If I were you I would definitely run the skimmer separately

I think you are mostly right, except that the return comes directly from the chiller. It does seem that the BRS reactors flow pretty slow (just fast enough to make the GFO tumble.) the MJ1200 that they, BRS, recommends is rated at 295, but you have to choke it off. I guess it didn't seem that high.
It does seem like it won't be enough.
700 skimmer
250 reactor
250 chiller-return (minimum)
is certainly more than 1000.
The other option is to run the reactors on an MJ1200. I'm trying to take advantage of the oversized return in general, since I have way more flow than I need at this point.

How do you actually tell what the flows are through a line once I put in the gate valves? I have the return dialed back as far as it will go, and it's still more than the 3/4" drain can handle at full siphon.

Back