Reef breeders Photon 48"

Nordkapp

I am thinking about replacing my T5 system with a Photon 48" for my 90 gal.
Is this a good light?
I keep clams, some SPS and few LPS, is this light appropriate?

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this fixture and been doing a lot of reading about it. I would say 90% of the reading from people that own it is positive and about 10% is negative. I am placing an order this weekend for mine

I have a 48" over my 120 and a 32 inch over my 50. The 48 is a little over kill because it is a mixed tank but I do have LPS and my 7 inch Derasa clam in there. The 50 is a sps tank and I am getting wonderful results with Reefbreeders. The performance of the lights combined with the programmable features makes it a no brainer. Both tanks are in the same room and are very quiet.

I have one 48 hung over my 200DD and I'm pretty pleased with it. It's not quite enough to light my tank front to back but that's not the fault of the light...it's because the tank is 3 feet wide :p

I changed to the photon 48 in September of last year. I love it!!! Finally seeing some growth in all my LPS & SPS frags and my 8 inch Derasa, well it is happy as a clam!!!
do not hesitate. go directly to Reef Breeders!!!!

I have a photon 16 over my 29 gal. I got an SPS frag pack about a week and a half ago. The frags are coloring up nicely, excellent PE, and noticeable (albeit small) growth.

I have a Photon 48 over my 75g. I couldn't be happier. Programmable, full spectrum led's at a very nice price, and they now come with both tank mounts and suspension mounting kits. Also, Logan is a great guy to deal with.

If I had to do it over again, it would still be through Logan and ReefBreeder's.

I have a Photon 48 over my 75g. I couldn't be happier. Programmable, full spectrum led's at a very nice price, and they now come with both tank mounts and suspension mounting kits. Also, Logan is a great guy to deal with.

If I had to do it over again, it would still be through Logan and ReefBreeder's.

I'll second this. I bought some Jebao pumps from him as well. One crapped out (as they are want to do,) but he replaced it in warranty no questions asked.

Folks that have it over their 4ft/90/120 tanks..how far off the water are you running them?

I have a canopy that would limit how high I could raise it while still allowing for air flow around the fixture.

Folks that have it over their 4ft/90/120 tanks..how far off the water are you running them?

I have a canopy that would limit how high I could raise it while still allowing for air flow around the fixture.

I have a 90, and the Photon sits about 8 inches above water level. Seems to work well.

Scratch that, I guess there is a 60 now. I probably would have gotten that for my 125 I'm setting up instead of three 16's

The Photon 48 is only 42.5" long. I have a 5' tank and was going to get the 48 but that is too short.

The 60 is 55" long which would work great but it is pricey.

Cheaper than 3 16's or two 32's. Plus you get a shiny dodad controller and the simplicity of a single unit.

I've got 2 photon 32s over my 6' 150 gal and love them. Awesome lights and great growth. Start low as these are very powerful lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Back