Reef Crystals...I never knew...did you???

Great, now we are supposed to test the water before we use it in our tanks and every week,day, or 15 minutes in our tanks. Ever get the feeling like the companies that make the test kits might be a good place to invest?

I'll prob test ea bucket once just to see. Nice to know what you need to add ahead of time time then trying to trouble shoot later. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13528348#post13528348 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by makavelli911
i just tested my bucket ca 380 and mg is 1100...

I think those were the levels of the problem buckets (if you tested at 35ppt with a properly calibrated refractometer). Remember calibrating with RO water doesn't work. :)

Just my two cents

Just my two cents

If you do a search on Google for Reef Crystals there are many threads about problems with Reef Crystals, I myself have doubts about using a product that has that many QC problems. With all the money we have in our tanks I would rather spend a few dollars more and be more sure on how the product performs. I have been using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and have been very happy with the results, and have not found and bad reports and all tubs have Ser.# on them. That is just my two cents Tazman69

I tired and tested about 6 different brands of salt about a year ago. None where even close to good numbers or repeatable from batch to batch.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13544009#post13544009 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REEF-DADDY
I tired and tested about 6 different brands of salt about a year ago. None where even close to good numbers or repeatable from batch to batch.

OMG!!!! He.........is.........ALIVE!!!! ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13552148#post13552148 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DoctaReef
What are these "test kits" i keep hearing about?

I think it's something you pee on to see if you're pregnant.

Back