Reef Dynamics BPR 135

ReeferMark

I just received my new BPR 135 reactor from Reef Dynamics and can't seem to get to work correctly. If I open up the shut-off valve, it tumbles the pellets fine but no output to the sump. If shut the valve, I get output to the sump but no tumbling of the pellets. Does anyone have any suggestions or have you had the same problem? Cant seem to find the right balance.

Are you running it the sump with the 90 degree elbow with strainer? If so I think you are not drawing water through the main pump...Try taking off the elbow to get the flow going and once it is going put the elbow back on. I sometimes have that problem when I add more pellets to mine.

The effluent valve also controls how much water will go through the reactor. The big valve by the pump only controls the tumbling rate

Thanks, but I'm not running the 90 degree elbow, just the blue tube into the sump to draw water...but it doesn't draw anything. The setup of it is simple enough, just don't understand why it won't take in water or discharge.

I think you will need to prime the pump somehow, get some tank water to the pump. Try lifting the blue tube in the air and get fill with water when the main pump is running

If I open up the shut-off valve, it tumbles the pellets fine but no output to the sump. If shut the valve, I get output to the sump but no tumbling of the pellets.

but it doesn't draw anything. The setup of it is simple enough, just don't understand why it won't take in water or discharge.

When you say you get output to the sump, and it does not take in water, is the body draining into the sump?

I think you will need to prime the pump somehow, get some tank water to the pump. Try lifting the blue tube in the air and get fill with water when the main pump is running

If the answer is yes, then what he said is correct.

You should feel a vacuum at the end of the tube. Can you blow into the blue line and see bubbles enter the reactor? This will tell you if it is blocked or not.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I'll try this later tonight after the Easter festivities.
I also got a call from someone from Reef Dynamics...on Easter Sunday. I was surprised.

Back