reef id?????

fishyfish22

i just read on another thread that you need a certain id/certificate that says you can sell/trade/buy fish. is this true? if so how do you get one? do 14 year olds qualify? what do you need to get one? how important is it?

SkullV

They Got My Number
Unless you are starting a business here in Illinois don't worry about it. There is some concern over this in Florida, but in Illinois it is not a problem.

DaveWF

If that IS true, then I'm in big trouble!! ;)

The only limitation for buying/selling/trading on ReefCentral is that you must have been a member for 90 days and have 50 meaningful posts. You can, of course, buy or respond to for trade offers at any time, but in order to sell you must have completed those two requirements. Looks like another 5-ish weeks and you'll be fine to sell, but there's nothing stopping you from buying now.

Cubbies

What if I wanna give something away? Like the threads that say ff at the beginning?

I think it goes along the same lines. Once you hit that 90/50 you are free to go about those lines :bounce2: There's nothing wrong with a young 14 reefer around here. Personally I've delt with younger reefers myself. It's always a pleasure to see what this hobby's future has in it. ;)

SkullV

They Got My Number
You can give stuff away whenever you want. Just post it in the Pay it Forward thread.