Reef Nerd Adventures

KMP

Wag More; Bark Less
Kevin and I make frequent road trips to the LFSs (almost a weekly ritual). Today was one heck of a good day:

10.......Home Depot
12.......Finished building a new fence that blew over at our girls school.
1215....Picked up RBTA and Maroon f/kdblove99
1230....Hit the secret feeding hole - man are those brats good!
1320....Delivered RBTA and Maroon to kdblove99.
1325....Your Reef - bought complete set of Seachem additives
1350....Aqua Life (sorry kdblove99 - totally unplanned; Kevin's idea :)
1420....Exotic.
1500....Jo Jo's. Almost boght a dendro (or something similar) until I observed the bat fish bite off a mouthful of tentacles.
1550....Began our own little MARS tank tour - saw petes97 and fixed Kevin's skimmer.
1445....Hit cathoai's place to pick up "accidental frags" - wow!
1715....Hit Reef Hermit. More than was there last time i went still more stocking to be done.
1750....HOOTERS! Fried pickles, hot wings and saw a few chicks of a different flavor :)

What a great day! Actually feel like I did something this weekend before going back to the daily grind.

Last edited:
Kevin,

You owe me! That is 2 minutes from my house and i even asked if you were going there:)

Thanks Kenny looks great!

Sorry Davey, the clam shipment came up while we were at YR and I made Kenny go. I'll give you as much time on the ditch rope swing as you want.

Good times. Good times.

I managed about 90 minutes of tinkering on the frag setup after all that... And am still surfing RC. HA!

1. We admitted we were powerless over our reefs and that our checkbooks had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than us could restore our reef funds.
3. Made a decision to to turn our will and checkbooks over to the LFS.
4. Made a searching and fearless inventorty of our corals.
5. Admitted to the spouse, ourselves and the guy at the lfs how wrong we were for not buying that Dragons Breath Acan last week.

Hehehehehe

9..........On the road
945.......Breakfast at Babs in Susuin
1035.....Aquarium Concepts
1125.....Atlantis Aquarium
1220.....Aquatic Gallery
1330.....Heips Place a.k.a. reeffragz
1435.....Kohls
1515.....Frys
1610.....HOOTERS!

Reef hard or go home!

Saturday I made a day out of aquarium stores.

Lots of cool stuff and good fun I must say. Discovered a wonderful burger join right by Aqualife. Gotta love the great Sacramento area stores.

1730.....home or near to it.
1930.....sell AP24.
2000.....feed reefs/sunday maintenance.
2045.....satisfy the marital/familial commitments.
2145.....hop on RC.

Can you roll like that?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12271986#post12271986 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Thromgar
Saturday I made a day out of aquarium stores.

Lots of cool stuff and good fun I must say. Discovered a wonderful burger join right by Aqualife. Gotta love the great Sacramento area stores.

I live 2 minutes from Aqualife and Taylors has been there for a month and i have never been, well until yesterday i went for the first time!

That place is grubbin, That is one juicy burger. My wife made me take her back later that night and get a soft serve then she went back today for a hot dog:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12271915#post12271915 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KMP
9..........On the road
945.......Breakfast at Babs in Susuin
1035.....Aquarium Concepts
1125.....Atlantis Aquarium
1220.....Aquatic Gallery
1330.....Heips Place a.k.a. reeffragz
1435.....Kohls
1515.....Frys
1610.....HOOTERS!

Reef hard or go home!

I am going there this weekend and will be limited in time... Are there any good places worth checking out?

No where worth checking? I was planning of going to Atlantis, but if their selection is not that great then I would rather go where the selection is and score from there. My wife would not be happy stopping by several stores. So any recommendations?

Well based on the spots on that list those are good (undestatement) bay area stores there. Looking for nice SPS pieces, LPS, Zoas. Just coral wise. No fishes. Looking for selection and price. Have at it.

It was a short day; all the girls (4) in tow. but a short day is better than no day, so here it goes:

0945 - on the road
1020 - howies (thank you so much, you are to generous - i owe you!)
1050 - joe's (great meating you joe and cindy - beautiful tanks!)
1140 - joel's (great meeting you joel. can't wait to see that tank up and going)
1215 - YR

I'm truly starting to take a liking to seeing everyone elses tanks. Gives you so many ideas!

Reef hard or go home!

Kevin and Kenny,
Visit was short but nice. And you brought your daughters, a family affair. Seems like you guys are always on the move.

I'm in Woodland often. As you know, I have a daughter there. I would really like to make a Woodland tank run. What do you think?

Joe...
You better let me know if you head out this way.
You'll have to see my tank and make sure I'm doing it right!

Back