reef octopus skimmer??

Fish Keeper82

Looking to get an internal reef octopus skimmer for my 125 gallon. Got my eye on the Regal series any experiences of recommendations?

I have a 150G tank.

I got the 150 regal SSS. I've had it less than 2 weeks.

I really like the regal series, with the DC pump and controls.

This past Sat was the first time I cleaned/emptied the skimmer top thingy. It had been running for 6 days. You can see the results.

20150314_163143_zpswezjwt0n.jpg

On a side note.. I showed it to my wife, and told her it smelled like cinnamon and to smell it...

Yea.. she wasn't happy.

Reef octupus skimmers are great. Best skimmers that I have bought over the years. I think the 150 sss is a good size for your tank. I have the 200 sss on my 210 gal tank and it is working great.

I have owned several skimmers over the years. My Reef Octopus classic that I am currently using has been excellent. Once dialed in it has worked very well and I would definitely recommend getting one. IMO the pricing isn't to bad either. The cinnamon trick made me laugh. My wife hates the smell when I clean the collection cup in the kitchen.Good luck!

I got a Super Reef skimmer. I didn't like the fact that the controller on the DC skimmer are not water or humidity proof, and DC skimmers have not proven to be reliable long term.

i have the 150sss and i can't seem to get good green skim, its too wet i don't fool with it too much have an auto top off. its been running over a year

I have the 170sss on my 65g. I know it way overkill, but it will be used for a future build....in the meantime....the oversized skimmer is great for my SPS :lmao:

Back