Reef Questions - 18 months in (photos)

birdz

reeftank_1.jpg

reeftank_3.jpg

What is this thing? It grew there from a little teeny speck of nothing. It's grayish in color and seems to be growing up torwards the light. It's obviously some form of coral but I'm curious...

reeftank_2.jpg

Kenya tree; maybe a pineapple tree.. not sure which. Is it normal for it to live at such an angle?

reeftank_4.jpg

reeftank_5.jpg

This thing also grew from nothing, its clearish white and are very hard. There are a a few separate spots that are growing throughout the tank. Any ideas what it is?

reeftank_1.jpg

reeftank_3.jpg

What is this thing? It grew there from a little teeny speck of nothing. It's grayish in color and seems to be growing up torwards the light. It's obviously some form of coral but I'm curious...

reeftank_2.jpg

Kenya tree; maybe a pineapple tree.. not sure which. Is it normal for it to live at such an angle?

reeftank_4.jpg

reeftank_5.jpg

This thing also grew from nothing, its clearish white and are very hard. There are a a few separate spots that are growing throughout the tank. Any ideas what it is?

The first one looks to be a kenya tree, its angle is fine but if you want to make it stand up straight take away most of the flow on it. It is a low flow animal. The second is a non photosynthetic sponge

Your tank has crazy cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) everywhere. I'd assess your water parameters (particularly nitrates and phosphates) and make some corrections.

Back