Reefanatik 48x36x24 Custom Build

I was looking for pest in my tank and found 2 of these guys. They look like some type of slug. Good or bad? I would guess good but let's see what y'all come up with.

Last edited:
Well I finally started working on skinning my stand. I still have a long way to go but here are some pictures of my progress so far.

Last edited:
Your Chromis and Firefish will very likely start picking each other off at some point. Chromis slowly whittle down to 1 in all but the LARGEST tanks (I'm talking the tanks that make yours look like a mini sump size here), and for whatever reason firefish will get along just fine and one day BOOM, they flip out until there's only one.

So be cautious of that happening!

If you plan to introduce any other fish (I would!) get an acclimation box so they can get used to one another. There's a lot of awesome wrasses out there that you could choose from, and many of them will be picked on by the Melanurus as he continues to grow. Having an acclimation box allows them to get used to one another and establish a hierarchy without things getting 'physical'. VERY useful tool, especially if you start getting expensive wrasses.

Otherwise, flasher wrasses would be a good addition. They look nice and they shouldn't have problems with anything in your tank -- Wrasse included.

Your Chromis and Firefish will very likely start picking each other off at some point. Chromis slowly whittle down to 1 in all but the LARGEST tanks (I'm talking the tanks that make yours look like a mini sump size here), and for whatever reason firefish will get along just fine and one day BOOM, they flip out until there's only one.

So be cautious of that happening!

If you plan to introduce any other fish (I would!) get an acclimation box so they can get used to one another. There's a lot of awesome wrasses out there that you could choose from, and many of them will be picked on by the Melanurus as he continues to grow. Having an acclimation box allows them to get used to one another and establish a hierarchy without things getting 'physical'. VERY useful tool, especially if you start getting expensive wrasses.

Otherwise, flasher wrasses would be a good addition. They look nice and they shouldn't have problems with anything in your tank -- Wrasse included.

The firefish are gone now. I haven't lost any chromis yet, we'll see how long they last. Acclimation box sounds like a good idea. I will have to look into one.

Top installed. Tomorrow I will finish the molding and trim. I really like how the top came out. Just the right size overhang.

If you have a auto. fish feeder that will help with the Chromis I like the dry area for your controllers. I would put speaker fabric over it so I can kinda see what is going on in there, I am a equipment junkie so I like to see that stuff.

If you have a auto. fish feeder that will help with the Chromis I like the dry area for your controllers. I would put speaker fabric over it so I can kinda see what is going on in there, I am a equipment junkie so I like to see that stuff.

Going to be getting a apex autofeeder soon. Need it for my anthias and chromis

Today has not been a good day. I lost a bunch of fish. it started with me setting up my vodka dosing pump. i double checked to make sure the dosing program was right for my apex and tested it out to make sure it worked. the problem was when it kicked on in auto it didn't shutoff until i disconnected it after i got home and checked on it. that was about two hours of run time i think. I accidentally put it on the wrong outlet(outlet 3/solid state outlet) and it didn't shut off and dosed about 1/2 of a vodka bottle in my tank. today i was at work and was keeping an eye on apex fusion and noticed the ph dropped to about 7.36 so i hurried home and found a few fish dead and all others were breathing very fast. i did a 20 gallon water change to try to help with low ph. i opened a few windows and adjusted my skimmer to skim wet and added a few power heads to my sump to get more water agitation in hopes of helping with fish breathing rapidly. with all that it still didn't help and thats that. I am making more water and will do another 30 gallon water change just to minimize any negative affects on my coral. on a positive note my wife came home and saw how down i was and told me i can go spend $1000 dollars on my tank. i am going to step back and go slow on fish replacement. Man loosing the purple tang really hurt. here is a list of the fish i lost.

1-purple tang
1- yellow tang
4- lyretail anthias
1- diamond goby
1- melanurus wrasse
6- green chromis
1- Starry Blenny
1- fox face
1- copperband butterfly

Dang...
Sorry for your loss.

On the bright side you got a stack to throw at your tank now :)

Yeah new beginnings. I've done 2 30gallon water changes and water is still cloudy. I am going to set up a small temporary tank to transfer my coral to and then drain my tank and replace all water. My ph is down to 7.4 right now. Going to have to start over.

Last edited:
Back