Reefbreaders LEDs are not bright enough?

One fish

In Memoriam
Hey guys. Can I grow frogspawn and other corals with a reef readers? 32 inch. I just put some coral in and they are not doing as well as the tank with my kessil 150w in it. Also, is 82 degrees too hot? I have my heaters off and it is still at that temp. Thanks for any feedback.

I have leds from another company (also a sponsor here at RC), but they are the virtually the exact same as the ReefBreeders 32" fixture you use (i.e. made by the same company in China). If I run them at 100% I damage corals. So I'd say yes, you have way more than enough light. My peak setting is 90% blue and 40% white for 4 hours and the PAR 24" deep in the tank is over 100. Near the top of some rocks at 12" deep it is near 200. I have 2 fixtures over a 180g tank. Is your fixture over the 15g tank in your sig?

82 degrees isn't too hot, but it's warmer than I run. I try to stay between 78 and 80. But if your temp is going up and down during the day, that could be an issue. Corals can tolerate some pretty dramatic swings in temperature, they have to do it on the reef. But that doesn't mean they will be happy and open, only that they can tolerate it and survive. If you want them happy, make sure the temperature is as stable as you can get it.

Back