Reefbreeder photon V1 2 32"

Ed Kazz

I have 2 Reefbreeder photon V1 (display on front of fixture small remote) hung 8"over a 180gal and looking for a lighting schedule. I have been running these fixtures @ 25% for many years and currently added some softy's and just ordered some hard corals. I do not want to burn corals with too much light (or not have enough). I know this is a older fixture but they work great. If the corals grow I will upgrade lighting. Never had good luck with corals. But trying again. Tank has been running about 20 years with a few tangs.

Thanks
Ed

I honestly can’t find much on the V1 to help you out. But it looks like a 2 channel set up.

My first recommendation would see if you can rent a par meter from anyone around you. It seems popular numbers these days are 100-200 at the sand bed and then 300-500 at the top (some run higher. Others lower). You can “rent” from bulk reef supply by “buying” the open box par meter and the returning it within the 60 day period less $80 restocking fee and shipping - MQ-510 Full Spectrum Underwater LED PAR Meter (OPEN BOX) - Apogee

If that’s not an option, I would start out where you’re at and see how the corals react. You can always start them at the bottom and work your way up. And then gradually increase the percentage over the course of a few weeks. I know few people actually run their fixtures at 100% and most seem to be around 50-75% max usually.

I honestly can’t find much on the V1 to help you out. But it looks like a 2 channel set up.

My first recommendation would see if you can rent a par meter from anyone around you. It seems popular numbers these days are 100-200 at the sand bed and then 300-500 at the top (some run higher. Others lower). You can “rent” from bulk reef supply by “buying” the open box par meter and the returning it within the 60 day period less $80 restocking fee and shipping - MQ-510 Full Spectrum Underwater LED PAR Meter (OPEN BOX) - Apogee

If that’s not an option, I would start out where you’re at and see how the corals react. You can always start them at the bottom and work your way up. And then gradually increase the percentage over the course of a few weeks. I know few people actually run their fixtures at 100% and most seem to be around 50-75% max usually.
Thank you

Back