Reefer 170 ca reactor- AquaMaxx or other?

kaotica

hi everyone
I left the hobby almost 13 years ago and have been over the last few years setting up a reefer 170(34G) to scratch the itch that tearing my 120G down left. The reefer has had its share of problems 2 years ago I had it as a FOWLR and hurricane irma killed everything in the tank. I set it up again, and a few months ago, out of the blue it sprung a leak in the silicone- redsea was awesome and promptly replaced the tank. during the lockdown I have been giving it some tlc and will replace the sandbed, redo the rock space and add some LPS and polyps.

technology has evolved considerably over the last years and I want to set up a small CA Reactor on the tank now.

I was looking at https://www.marinedepot.com/aquamaxx-ctech-t-nano-hang-on-calcium-reactor with a small co2 tank to go with it.

in a perfect world everything would fit inside the stand with with sump and skimmer. does anyone have any experience with these? if not, then can you recommend something that is budget friendly and reliable?

I have no experience with the nano but I do have the T1 and love it. One of the best things I did to have stable parameters. I'm sure the nano is no different. Just as important as the reactor is the feed pump and regulator. Originally, I used a Sicce 0.5 to feed the reactor but got inconsistent effluent. I've then switched to a Kamoer FX-STP and am so happy I did. Also, I went with a custom built regulator as well.

Back