ReeFlo Tarpon or suggestions

zap724

I am looking to get a new return pump for my 125 gal- I currently use a Iwaki MD55RLT (about to give up the ghost)- the flow seems perfect. I am debating something like the Sequence ReeFlo Tarpon, but haven't found too many review.

Has anyone had any experience with this pump or any suggestions.

Thanks.

I have the Sequence Snapper and it is great. The flow can be reduced and it is cheaper than the tarpon. Sequence pumps are almost silent and don't add heat to the system. I'm probably going to buy a dart from Paul for the closed loop.

well, you did say return pump right? You only need 3-5x your displays volume through your sump for best efficiency. I have a tank the same size as you and use a eheim 1260 which I run external. Another good alternative would be the oceanrunner 2500. The whole point of the sump is to let things settle out and for nutrient export. You do not want high flow through the sump. I would say 7x at the max. You should be adding flow to the aquarium with power heads like the koralia or with a closed loop. A sequence dart is what i use for my closed loop.

I have a closed loop for the display tanks with a wavemaker.

thanks for the advice.

BTW KRASHPD who is Paul. I have been trying to find someone who sells the Sequence pumps here in the valley.

i have a dart and it run quieter than my mag 9...it runs pretty cool too.
also have a barracuda, but not hooked up yet.

I second the Oceanrunner. They are the most efficient pump on the market that I have found, even better than an ehiem. They are also cheaper than an ehiem.

Paul is Paljets. You can't PM him but you can email him. If you want, I can send you his phone number as well. For the price, just look at custom aquatics web site and it is about that.

Back