ReefOctopus Super Reef HOB

I am currently running one.

There is a part that sits inside the tank & part that hangs outside. The inlet runs on the left side via siphon over the tank wall to the pump. Then the output water flows back over the rear tank wall across a tray inside the tank & through a bubble trap then back into the tank.

Mine started on the DT then I added a sump and decided to keep using it there. It's done a good job so far. Constant water level is very important, if you keep the water level right, you shouldn't lose siphon either.

I am currently running one.

There is a part that sits inside the tank & part that hangs outside. The inlet runs on the left side via siphon over the tank wall to the pump. Then the output water flows back over the rear tank wall across a tray inside the tank & through a bubble trap then back into the tank.

Mine started on the DT then I added a sump and decided to keep using it there. It's done a good job so far. Constant water level is very important, if you keep the water level right, you shouldn't lose siphon either.

Yes its a very very interesting piece of equipment!

I have been running a LifeReef HOB overflow for over a year now and have never had a failure in my experience its not the HOB that fails but the person who uses/owns it and that is where the 'hatred' comes from HOBs....typical human errors.

Consistent water level is needed and I would be putting these on the top/middle tanks where the water levels are consistent (I have stands 3 levels each, on each level sits a tank connected to the one above and below it, the tank on the very bottom is where all the evaporation/changes in water level happens).

VERY interesting item, are they old or new is there like an updated model to them ?

Cheers

Back