Refugium in a JBJ 24

seascotty

Is it possible to put a refugium in a back chamber of a JBJ 24? My back section is not clear so I think the big issue would be getting a light source into the chamber. Any ideas? Thanks!

Jbj makes a magnetic refugium light just for this purpose. Or if your diy skills are up to the task you make your own. Either way it is possible and has been done plenty of times. If no one on the site has one to tell you about check youtube. Good luck

Jbj makes a magnetic refugium light just for this purpose. Or if your diy skills are up to the task you make your own. Either way it is possible and has been done plenty of times. If no one on the site has one to tell you about check youtube. Good luck

either the jbj magnetic led light or the submerisble led from mediabasket.com
i ordered 3 of the "suction cup" leds from ebay, amazon and other places... but EACH time i got the magnetic one and not the suction cup. beware...

Thanks. I called jbj and they said their light is not submersible. I looked at the mediabasket light but am concerned about heat and if it is bright enough. Have you used this?

I have used it. I used a remote refugium on mine when I ran it as a mixes reef. You could use a simple led strip at about 8 inches or less to grow macroalgae.

What about a HOB?? I have one on my Cardiff, it adds some extra volume to the tanks water capacity as well as all other other good that a refugium does. I used a Reef Octopus 18", look at my tank thread for pictures.

2 clown - did you use the mediabasket light? Did it work?

I do not have space for HOB so I need to have something that can be wet.

Back