Regal 200EXT 8" Recirculating Protein Skimmer with Varios-4 Re-circulation Pump & Fe

JaysLittleOcean

Regal 200EXT 8" Recirculating Protein Skimmer with Varios-4 Re-circulation Pump & Fe

I'm wondering if I could get some assistance from the community of people utilizing a Regal 200EXT 8" Recirculating Protein Skimmer. Specifically those choosing to run the protein skimmer internally within the sump. The documentation that I have been able to locate online have been a bit scarce. What height are you running the surrounding water level at? What GPH are you feeding the protein skimmer with. What GPH are you running the re-circulation pump at? What is your system water volume? I'm having difficulty maintaining a consistent foam head running on my 180 gallon system with approximately 25+ fish.

Makes no difference on my skimmer, in or out of the water.
As long as the water height inside the skimmer is where it should be from the pump.
BRS just did a comparison test on these, I would check there.

That skimmer could be oversized for your tank, usually if you run an external skimmer in a sump you still need to run the feed pump or have the drain through your skimmer.
It seems that you have a DC feed pump, so i would play around with the feed pump and maybe turn it down and buy more fish.

So I figured out my issue. I had initially modified the plumbing of the skimmer so that the exiting water would return back to the first chamber of my sump. In order to achieve this the plumbing height was much higher than what was originally included with the unit. This was setting the initial water height inside the skimmer chamber. After I reduced the plumbing height to something close to the original piping included with the unit. The overflowing stopped and I'm getting nasty green sludge. Appreciate all the assistance.

Back