remodeling house, moving tank

As some of you know I am a student and typically live in Europe but due to the current situation, I am back in the states. When I'm home things get done around the house and my mom and I have decided to do some remodeling, one of the remodels will require me to move my tank 2' and after thinking about it some more I want to move my tank to the other wall after the second planned remodel but if I do that i would have to have the electricians add an extra outlet as I have a dedicated 20A breaker for my tank, no big deal. Due to the fact that my tank is 150 gallons with a steel stand, all I can think about is the nightmare of moving it, it was tough enough moving it everything in individual pieces. Even if I drain 75% of the water I could see that happening but I found these cool dollies, I'm sure someone here has used then for something before but I have never seen them. Let me know if anyone here has used something similar.
https://www.toolots.com/kaiwoe-manu...YLE46cqJWpv1yy4dW59JvzHfJhPcDejxoCwhcQAvD_BwE

8a8ea0bd80c7245936fc6d39619a65f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 150g as well, and due to the fact that once I'm back in the office we might be doing a hybrid work from home/office a few days a week thinking about moving my tank so that I can view it from my at home office.

Dolly looks cool but looks like you still have to transfer the tank onto the dolly manually? Meaning that you will probably still need a couple people to move it. When I moved into my current residence needed 3 guys to move the tank and stand with all water/rocks/corals/fishes removed. Might want to think about whether the dolly is a good investment if you're only going to use it once or twice your lifetime. :D

I have a 150g as well, and due to the fact that once I'm back in the office we might be doing a hybrid work from home/office a few days a week thinking about moving my tank so that I can view it from my at home office.

Dolly looks cool but looks like you still have to transfer the tank onto the dolly manually? Meaning that you will probably still need a couple people to move it. When I moved into my current residence needed 3 guys to move the tank and stand with all water/rocks/corals/fishes removed. Might want to think about whether the dolly is a good investment if you're only going to use it once or twice your lifetime. :D

True, I don't see my self using it too many times. Maybe it would be cool to buy and have if someone else ever needs to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved my 80 gal with 30 gal refugium almost 2 months ago. From upstairs to downstairs, back of house to front. Used holding tank for rock and menagerie. 3 men 9 hours. Didn't lose a single piece. Unintended consequences: Prior to move, back wall, floor and most rock covered with purple coralline. Due to air exposure wall and floor coralline died off the next week or so resulting in a variety of algae growth. A little tweaking and putting ferric oxide on line and the algae is retreating nicely. I shopped around and all the large service companies wanted 3 guys at $125/hr for however long. I didn't have all necessary equipment, holding tank, or confidence to do myself. One company's owner came by for a quote. I convinced him, that my son and I could provide the labor if he'd provide equipment, tanks and expertise. Very reasonable ( he even has a special lift on back of truck). I was completely pleased. Don't know the rules here but if you're in OC and would like to talk with him, pm me for referral. Good luck with move.View attachment 408986

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back