Remodeling tank...help

2004jeepoutlander

Ok so this was the last straw.... my tank is have to accept the fact is setup like $^&*...... So Im redoing EVERYTHING........ I have started a company and plan to aquaculture sps/LPS... along with aragocrete live rock ... and eventually shrimp.... So to be able to grow out sps/ lps this tank needs to close to perfect

So the first thing im looking to do is purchase a chiller that has the highest reliability rate......... and runs quite.... 1/4 hp at least... Realiability is very important to me.. I dont want another piece of Junk......Is JBJ any good? Also quietness is important for me...

Currently i think my lighting is fine ...on a 6 foot 125 gallon tank i have 3 250 watt xm 10k..... and 4 sixty five watt actinic pcs. Plenty

One problem I have is my plumbing so im going to get my tank plumbed ...right the 3rd time.....I wont use who i used previously......who expected us to pay him 65 an hour... he didnt even come with the plumbing parts he needed...and wanted us to pay for his time to go to home depot... that bs i think.. I wan to add a nice sized refugium... so the panworld will have to be moved in the corner...

Last edited:
I have a panworld currently a 200ps GPH of 1750 and can handle 39 feet of head pressure... I think this is putting to much heat in my tank...... because it is always turned back but i plan on adding a refugium so it will have more to push.. so i think the pump will be fine.... I do need to fix the plumbing so the pump is in the corner...this willl allow room for a descent sized refugium..... Currently my panworld is pushing as a return pump and a chiller pump so once ball valves are added ....Do you think it will be fine as a return, chiller, refugium pump.... Also thinking of adding a sea swirl and calcium reactor.... any input.....

Back