Remora microbubbles

LBCBJ

Hey guys,

I just installed an AquaC Remora today on my 18g nano and am getting a lot of microbubbles. I know they make a prefilter box, but its simply too big for my tank. I was excited about my Remora, but now I'm not too happy . Will these bubbles ever go away?

Andrew

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7511019#post7511019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr.Nudibranch
maybe if you can move the water around they will go away?

Nope. All that would do is blow around the bubbles.

headdead

Mine got much much much better after a month. I also slit a slot with a sharp knife in the piece of blue foam about 3 x 2 x 2 inches and wedged it over the "lip" on the Ramora. It does a great job of diffusing the microbubbles.

ficklefins

Brent,

I totally agree that the prefilter box is too big. I have one on my 20g right now and it takes up a lot of real estate. I thought of this the other day but haven't tried it yet.

Place a small sponge (reef safe of course) in the chamber where the water comes back up and out. This sponge will be slow/trap some bubbles. AS your product breaks it may reduce the bubbles as well.

LBCBJ

You know ficklefins, that's a great idea. I had thought of putting a piece of foam around the outlet, but not actually inside of the outlet chamber, but I bet that would be a lot more effective, plus you can't see the foam. I'm going to give my skimmer 2 weeks to break in and if I still have bubbles, I'll try this and let you know what happens.

flameangel88

Every time you move or start new the Remora will produce a lot of micro bubbles but it will subside after a couple of days. I would give it a week and see what happen.

A word of warning, both the Remora and CSS are very sensitive to additives so be very careful to monitor the collection cup otherwise you can come home to a flood.