Remora microbubbles

LBCBJ

Hey guys,

I just installed an AquaC Remora today on my 18g nano and am getting a lot of microbubbles. I know they make a prefilter box, but its simply too big for my tank. I was excited about my Remora, but now I'm not too happy . Will these bubbles ever go away?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7511019#post7511019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr.Nudibranch
maybe if you can move the water around they will go away?

Nope. All that would do is blow around the bubbles.

Mine got much much much better after a month. I also slit a slot with a sharp knife in the piece of blue foam about 3 x 2 x 2 inches and wedged it over the "lip" on the Ramora. It does a great job of diffusing the microbubbles.

Brent,

I totally agree that the prefilter box is too big. I have one on my 20g right now and it takes up a lot of real estate. I thought of this the other day but haven't tried it yet.

Place a small sponge (reef safe of course) in the chamber where the water comes back up and out. This sponge will be slow/trap some bubbles. AS your product breaks it may reduce the bubbles as well.

You know ficklefins, that's a great idea. I had thought of putting a piece of foam around the outlet, but not actually inside of the outlet chamber, but I bet that would be a lot more effective, plus you can't see the foam. I'm going to give my skimmer 2 weeks to break in and if I still have bubbles, I'll try this and let you know what happens.

Every time you move or start new the Remora will produce a lot of micro bubbles but it will subside after a couple of days. I would give it a week and see what happen.

A word of warning, both the Remora and CSS are very sensitive to additives so be very careful to monitor the collection cup otherwise you can come home to a flood.

Back