Removing Bubble Tip Anemone From Shell

jerryla

I purchased a Red Tip Anemone as a pup. He was so small he was in an abandoned snail shell. The person I purchased from told me when he was ready he would crawl out of the shell and find a good place for himself in my tank. He looks like he is about to explode in the shell. Do I take him out of the shell, if so, HOW? Will he evacuate when he is ready or will this shell hamper his growth?
Thanks

Thats what I've been thinking, if its not broken don't fix it. Fairly new tank, only a little over 4 months old and experiencing amazing growth, don't want to start fiddling with things and take two steps backwards. Thanks for the replies.

So I'm guess by the replies being in the small shell will not prevent him from continuing to grow, when he gets too big for the shell he will move out on his own?

just keep the shell right next to the rock you want him to move to. I would avoid any powerhead pointing or manual removal...

just keep the shell right next to the rock you want him to move to. I would avoid any powerhead pointing or manual removal...
And also mentally prepare yourself so you're not surprised when he decides to move to the exact opposite corner of the tank from where you wanted him to be. :D

But yeah definitely agree with others. If the anemone was unhappy, it would move.

When they move they will move, and move pretty fast at that. Mine can't decide which side of the rock he likes best. He'll be on one side for a few days, then switch to the other side. keeps me awake at night i tell ya.

Back