Removing old acrylic lining....

dymaxiun

So, going to re-use an old "unused" tank I had laying around for ATO supply, and wanted to remove that ugly - quite old - protective paper film. It has the stubborn adhesive, and last time I tried to remove it from another tank I had - it almost isn't worth it....

Any suggestions on an easy way to remove this without harming or waking the acrylic?

Note: this is on the external side, more of an eye sore than anything..

Thanks in advance....

QzzTUbRh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QzzTUbR.jpg

Spray on oven cleaner may work, aka No fume easy off. It is safe for styrene plastic so it should work.

Start rubbing/picking/peeling... That stuff is a PITA after a few years.. So glad they don't use that anymore..

Being a non viewing pane I would get one of those plastic scrapers and go to town. Even careful with a razor would probably only result in minimal scratches.

I just got some acrylic from an acrylic shop that had that on it. They told me it was an old sheet and would be hard to get the paper off. They gave me a can of "adhesive release", it smells like oranges and feels just like goo gone. Acts the very same way too just in aerosol form instead of the bottle. I would try goo gone, just put it on and let it soak then it scrapes right off.

Back