Repairing Geo calcium reactor

cali9dub

I have a question. Has anyone had a leak in their Geo calcium reactor where the manifold attaches to the lid. Mine appears to have whatever epoxy they use chipped off in one spot and has a tiny leak there. Has anyone had a similar experience and fixed it themselves ? I've used JB weld on an old chiller before with success, but not any clear acrylic and pvc. Thanks for any help !

I have a question. Has anyone had a leak in their Geo calcium reactor where the manifold attaches to the lid. Mine appears to have whatever epoxy they use chipped off in one spot and has a tiny leak there. Has anyone had a similar experience and fixed it themselves ? I’ve used JB weld on an old chiller before with success, but not any clear acrylic and pvc. Thanks for any help !

There isn’t a lot of pressure in the reactor so you could use the same method or get some Weldon 16 which is thick and made for acrylic and run a good bead around the outside as well as the underside where the fitting goes through the lid. What ever you do, I’d scuff the surface of the acrylic and PVC fitting first and make sure it’s good and clean before applying the glue.

Thanks. I figured it would be able to be fixed. I pull water through the reactor so yeah, not much pressure at all. I think I have a tube of weld-on 16 laying around here somewhere too !

Back