Replacement Needlewheel for CSS 65

Embowe

Im looking to buy a replacment needlewheel for my CSS 65...I did some searching and came up with nothing. I know I have seen just the needlewheel for sale somwhere I just cant find it...Does anyone have a site or suggestion other than the meshwheel mod (did it and didnt seem to help at all)

jacmyoung

Premium Member
Tried to find it but no luck.

I was fortunate that my local LFS owner decided to help and let me have his CSS125 NW out of the box, he then simply returned the whole new box.

My CSS65 pump is running the bigger NW and skimming much more dry foam, I had to cut back the air intake because the 125 NW was pulling in too much air.

Last edited:

Embowe

I did find a site that sold replacement pumps...if I was to order the pump for the CSS 125 and use that on my 65...what would the outcome be?

jacmyoung

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9812433#post9812433 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Embowe
I did find a site that sold replacement pumps...if I was to order the pump for the CSS 125 and use that on my 65...what would the outcome be?

You will have to find out yourself, but the good news is if the bigger pump does not work on the 65 skimmer, you can always put the 125 NW on your 65 pump. There is a little cutting needed because the 125 NW shaft is a little too long for the 65 magnet drive. Since you have the 65 NW, it will be self-explanatory for comparison. The 125 NW diameter is large but still fits in the 65 pump.

If you use the 125 NW in the 65 pump, be sure to cut the air back to where the skimmer will generate the most foam. You can use a needle air valve on the airline for fine tuning. There is also a potential to over drive the 65 pump so do so at your own risk.

With the 125 NW my 65 pump is now drawing 24W (only 16W with the 65 NW), but since the 65 pump is rated 23W, I am not too worried.