Replacing RO/DI Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rat read this carefully I am far from an expert Mr oldtimer but you don't seem to apply this to your posts..... RESULTS MAY VERY DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCAL CONDITIONS!!!

OK so if my TDS is 480 and my water is not softened. My tap pressure is 45 psi and my water temp is 55-60 degrees what rejection can I expect from a select membrane? Since a 90 GPD is really an overrated 75 GPD membrane what would you guess the real rejection rate and production rate would be.

Here is the problem you don't seem to understand most people don't meet the conditions to meet the guarantee and the price$$$ seems to more then cover the garantee.

Jim

It will be much better than any other unit on the market. GUARANTEED. Between the proprietary solution applied to the membranes plus the fact they are more efficient to begin with at all ranges its a no brainer.

I find it "whoppingly" interesting that anyone in a business for some so called extended period makes them more of an expert. And you are not in the RO/DI business. Time, does not define what one knows and has been proven many times. It is what you know. You seem to do nothing but stumble over you own mistakes.

By the way you left something out AGAIN. Was that by convenience ?

250 ppm softened tapwater, 77°F (25°C),

My tap water TDS is 835 and my RO only TDS is only 5 to 6

I don't buy this at all, that is a 99.4 rejection rate, unless one is running more than a std system, such as boosting up the line pressure way up, like 100 psi or some type of system like a HydroMax or similar. or dual in-line RO's.

You SHOULD have left out that last sentence, it was not needed and is why you are getting this post or I would have shut-up and said nothing ;)

It will be much better than any other unit on the market

Bad choice of words there Rat. You are saying Spectrapure can not be matched by any RO company. A HydroMax will beat it to death.....sorry

It will be much better than any other unit on the market. GUARANTEED

You have no proof or data to back that up , it is just hear-say;) "much better" is way out of line, show me.

Nope, thats what it is. It was with a standard off the shelf 90 GPD MaxCap RO/DI system and nothing else. The readings are post RO, pre DI and are typical of what this unit is capable of off the shelf. Incoming pressure averages 60 to 62 psi, water temp varies from 56 to 83 psi with 68 being the average. Incoming TDS varies from 756 to 903 again with 835 being what was observed mostly over the 18 month test. I have feeds both with softened water and without and neither had any advantage during the testing. ROI only TDS varied between 4.6 and 7.2 with the average being 6.2 for the study period.
Final TDS did not drop even 0.1 % from day one to the day I sold that unit and bought a new UHE 1:1 waste ratio system which I am continuing to test today.
Readings are with a handheld COM-100 TDS meter and backed up with a Thornton benchtop conductivity/resistivity meter. All results are documented and logged in a book I kept from day one.
Nothing to hide. They really work!

Since I believe you are saying you are a tester for Spectrapure and keeping data for them please answer my question. What would this person expect for results!!!

Jim

OK so if my TDS is 480 and my water is not softened. My tap pressure is 45 psi and my water temp is 55-60 degrees what rejection can I expect from a select membrane? Since a 90 GPD is really an overrated 75 GPD membrane what would you guess the real rejection rate and production rate would be.

They would expect the truth. Thats what I give everyone equally.
I am an end user of their products. I have paid for every one of them just like everyone else. Most were bought through group buys as a part of the local reefing community. I neither get nor give any special treatment. Don't even go there.
Myself, not speaking for Spectrapure would expect to see a 2% improvement in rejection rate over a standard dry untested membrane but I cannot speak for Spectrapure. I would also expect to see in the neighborhood of 60 GPD in those conditions based on my personal testing. I have had production rates from 65 GPD to 113 GPD with my personal system depending on conditions.
If you are so curious get one of your cronies to buy a unit and set it up in your garage and see what you get. You might want to get your hands on a 100 gallon tank and set up a stock solution for quality control though. 50 TDS is not much of a test!

Rat do you try to bluff your consultant customers like this also. I hear from more hobbyists then you can imagine who get nowhere near the results you claim and feel duped. You are a man who marches to the hype drumbeat and only you are an expert due to your vast experience. Thank you for letting us all know how great you are. I guess I'm an old man who couldn't be right on much with only 3 1/2 years of RO/DI experience.

Jim

You are into name calling now Rat, that can get you booted out, not to mention your TRC status. I will expect you to apologize before a MOD sees this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back