Restarting again, years later

Jarrok

Well, I'd started in the hobby and on RC years ago, but ran into quite the financial crisis. (lurked far more than I ever posted) Needless to say, I've decided to take it up again and here's what I've got going for me:

I bought a used 150g 48x24x30 pre-drilled, then built a stand for it. It's got two holes drilled into the overflow box, two near the rear center of the tank. I'd intended on doing double standpipes in the overflow and using the two centers as returns.

I have 2 Hydor Koralia 1200gph powerheads, would those + the return (mag drive 12) be enough flow in the tank? Or should I buy another powerhead or two? We're looking at around 4 feet of head total there for the return.

Skimmer/Sump/etc all on the way.

Intending to go most softies/mushrooms/xenias etc to get started until I'm good and comfortable with my water chemistry again. I'm slightly worried about penetration all the way down with my current lighting setup- Marineland 48-60" reef capable LED (bought open box, brand new fixture). I imagine I'll eventually need to add more lights or upgrade completely, but I'm not really ever interested in any SPS.

Excited to be back!

this hobby almost always pulls you back in. i was out of it for 9+ years before i got back in. things are SO much easier than they were back then!

Excuse my basement mess. Hopefully it's less cluttered once the tank's all set up, though I somehow doubt that. Wife doesn't let me keep my things anywhere else!

I would suggest to order jebao wp40 when u plan to go LPS/softies.
Beautiful effect for symbolic money.

Looking at my drill setup, would returns in the middle pair and drains inside the box be the best bet? or should I just cap a couple off?

Back