Returning to the hobby!

erid

Hello All,

I'm not totally new. I remembered my old login from 2014! lol

I used to have a nice 90 Gallon setup, but I lost during hurricane Sandy. Im sure you've seen that posted many times...

We'll I set up a 20 gallon for my granddaughter recently, and after cycling the tank out for a month with a couple of Picasso clowns, I went to pick up another fish for her tank.
I got in to a conversation about reefing with a local store owner and he told be that things have changed a bit. Not many people use live rock now, buy use dry rock, phosphates are good thing now, skimming isn't so necessary these days due to new beliefs, and that tanks are hard to come by during covid-19 pandemic when asking about pricing.

Anyway, I felt like a challenge was presented. I wanted a 93 Cube now, and I'm going to find one! Called around to several stores, and most said that they couldn't source one. If they could, the shipping would be $300.

I got creative, made a call to PA and found my 93 rimless paid for it on the phone, and I was on the road at 7AM the next day to go and get it! -Done!

Then I had a lighting conversation while there. Oh Boy! A week later I ordered two ecotech Marine Radion XR15Pros -Done!

Then I knew that I had to build a stand next time around... So I framed a 30x30 setup, built my stand and stained it a nice Teal color. -Done!

I have my live rock from Pacific East Aquaculture still in a rubbermaid garbage can from 8 years ago

Still have my reef Octopus XL250

And just made a sump this week. It has been a busy two weeks!!! It's good to be back!!!

Welcome back to reefing! It’s so exciting to get back in. I belong to a NJ reefing club. It has members all over the state. We normally have get together but with Covid 19 those have been on hold since March. The members are very nice and help each other. If you are interested the website is njreefers.org Happy reefing!

Welcome back to reefing! It's so exciting to get back in. I belong to a NJ reefing club. It has members all over the state. We normally have get together but with Covid 19 those have been on hold since March. The members are very nice and help each other. If you are interested the website is njreefers.org Happy reefing!

Hi Diana,

I used to ne a member of NJ reefers. In fact I tried to retrieve my password and was unsuccessful today. I'll join again tomorrow. Great group! I've been to several members places throughout my journey, and have also met with some to swap frags, or buy frags throughout the state.

I'll start with some zoos, Acans, chalice, and LPS around the bottom and middle to start my base, then go see Stan (Sm Cooler) for some SPS in. 6 Mos or so after I get going. Hope to see you out there!

Back