Reviews For Purple Up.....

Larah

I keep hearing how this stuff is crap and does nothing, nada, zero... How does this company manage to keep selling it???
Opinions, thoughts..........

Well I would say they keep selling it to uninformed buyers. Most people when they start out without knowing anything will buy some. I did. After you have more knowledge of reef tanks and what they need to remain balanced you will find that the purple up is not a good idea. Too many unknowns in that bottle.

Purple up is pretty much mostly made up of water and some calcium additives. Purple up does work and "promotes" coraline as it raises your Ca levels. There are cheaper ways to raise your Ca such as dosing lime water.

I think the problem with purple up is that it does not adequately buffer your water, so while it has some buffer, if you're only dosing with purple up for calcium you'll lose ground.

If you also add enough buffer to keep up carbonate hardness it seems it would work just as well as any other calcium additive. Plus, it has some iodine, I understand.

Andrew, Love the avatar.. Wouldn't it be a great world if those species could all live together and in such close proximity !

I am sorry to hear that I am a dumb a** and bought this completely useless product :(
Oh well live and learn... LFS of course said it was a fine product. Didn't promote it, mind you, but didn't say it was bad or useless either....

Yes it's supposed to have, iodine, strontium, magnesium and Calcium....
my ph is a steady 8.3........

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11644042#post11644042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Larah
Yes it's supposed to have, iodine, strontium, magnesium and Calcium....
my ph is a steady 8.3........
As long as your caring for the tank right, using a good 2 part dosing system using purple up to boost Cal some is fine as others have said just don't rely on it for buffering it is made for those you have everything in line and just want a calcium boost but there are cheaper ways to boost it but it does work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11644034#post11644034 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Larah
Andrew, Love the avatar.. Wouldn't it be a great world if those species could all live together and in such close proximity !

Thanks. :D

Back