Revive question

mayjong

how long do you leave your corals in revive? package says "a few minutes"...
2,5,10???
also- what corals do you use it on? all of them?
thanks!

They don't specify what's in it, as far as I can tell, so I'd just try 3 minutes and see how it goes.

For me a few means 3- 9 min. I would start as Jon suggested 3 min and not above 5 min for starts.

I've used it for up to 5 minutes on a variety of corals without any ill effect. Lot's of critters(pods serpent stras asterina ,etc.) fall off .

I too, usually dip for around 5 minutes. I will also use a turkey baster to blow the coral during dipping to help any of those little buggers come loose.

No, that is because "pinsol" is one of the ingredients in it

The species Citrus limon = Lemon, a Asian Evergreen Lemon Tree

The name Oleum abietis = Oil from a abietis = Abies pectinata = Silver Fir/ Balsam, found in mountainous districts in the middle and south of Europe = Pine-Sol or a form of Pine-sol not that this is the exact tree for Pine-Sol. There are a number of different "Pine-Sol " trees i.e., Pinus picea, Pinus abies

how long do you leave your corals in revive? package says "a few minutes"...
2,5,10???
also- what corals do you use it on? all of them?
thanks!

3-5 min with some agitation seems good. It is well tolerated by most corals SPS, LPS, shrooms, softys. Some report issues with smooth skinned acros (Lokani, Turaki, "deep water acros"). I have had one A. Turaki RTN several hours after being treated. Nothing else. Over treated a random aquacultured acro by 4x, turned white for a few days but is fine now. Great product.

I use Coral RX for 5-7 minutes and then add Revive and leave the frags in for about 2 more minutes and have not had any bad reactions from the corals.

No, that is because "pinsol" is one of the ingredients in it

The species Citrus limon = Lemon, a Asian Evergreen Lemon Tree

The name Oleum abietis = Oil from a abietis = Abies pectinata = Silver Fir/ Balsam, found in mountainous districts in the middle and south of Europe = Pine-Sol or a form of Pine-sol not that this is the exact tree for Pine-Sol. There are a number of different "Pine-Sol " trees i.e., Pinus picea, Pinus abies

I was agreeing with him! And adding that it the fact about pinsol

There is no fact in your post at all or his that it is Pin-Sol, only "The stuff smells great too", "Very funny! Does smell like pinesol" So, get your "facts" straight. I'm also not your mind reader ;)

I dip for 15 minutes for all my corals but have notice that when I dip zoa's (for 15) they never opened up----tried 2 like that---so I only dip zoa's in loguls now.

Back