RIP Steve Costanzo

It really makes me sad. I didn't even know him, but to see a life taken so young is awful. My sympathy goes out to his parents.

Boy, I wasn't planning on crying this morning, but these pictures opened up the floodgates.

I know that when I leave this earth I will be going to a better place in Heaven and I like to think that I'll be doing things I enjoy doing here on earth. So besides being with Jesus, I like to think that I will be really swimming with those fish I love so much and only get to look at in my tank.

So I'm going to picture Steve O. doing the things he loved here on earth on a grander scale, in a better place. See you in the ocean of Heaven, Steve.

Sorry if this is too preachy. Actually, I'm not sorry.

I'm truly saddened to hear about Steve's passing. I only knew him from ARC and have dealt with him a few times. He was always very kind and helpful to myself and my family when we stopped in.

steve2.gif

Last edited:
What type of cancer did Steve have?

I don't remember the long name of it, Chris "acdraindrps" will probably know. I just know that it was extremely rare and terminal, grows everywhere. He was only the second case ever of it in wny and probably the first case of it ever found in somebody under the age of 65. He found out he had it only a few years ago and he was perfectly healthy then. Very Sad!

Last edited:
I don't have pictures but did see it. He had several rooms linked up with pvc and 5 or six tanks and bins including displays and refugia . His main display a 120g as I recall had lot's of colorful sps including some Brent gave him. The photobucket shot though nice doesn't really do it justice.

I got one of my vortechs from Steve. Im so glad I can say that he is helping me with my tank, and that I have alittle of him in there!

I was blessed to know Steve. I enjoyed visiting his home and seeing his wonderful reef setup and having him over to see mine. I am saddened by his death. He loved reef keeping and it seemed to give him excitement and something worthwhile to sustain him through his difficult treatments. His courage and attitude in dealing with his disease showed his strength, goodness and triumphant spirit. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

We had a few conversations about his health and he as many who face this ugly evil disease had a zest for life and lived the good days he had as fully as he could. Reefing was a big part of that for him.My daughter has been living an fighting with cancer for 21 years since she was 15 and shows the same zest and appreciation for life that I saw in Steve. She just underwent another in a long line of surgeries this morning and all went well . Maybe Steve was looking out for us. God bless you Steve. We are better for knowing you and we will miss you.

Wow I never had the pleasure of meeting him,But Im so sad reading this.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to all that had the chance to know him.
TMZ, My prayers go out to your daughter as well.

Back