RKE head unit got wet...cheap ca reactor controller?

solid14th

I dropped my RKE headunitninto water and it is a goner. I w only using it to control my Ca reactor, so I was thinking of just getting something to control that. What is the cheapest way to control a ca reactor?

trameaa

Probably a Milwaukee SMS 122 pH controller (not sure if there is a new model now, I've had two of this model for about 3 years). They ran _around_ $100 when I got them new as best I can remember.
I'm assuming that's what you were doing with the Reefkeeper, just using the pH probe to control the CO2.

Peter Eichler

Agree with the above. In fact I have a brand new head unit I can sell you, so if you decide to go that route PM me. I needed a PC4 and a new probe so I just bought the basic package instead.

trameaa

Didn't think of that one, but great idea. Then you also get all the other functions of your Reefkeeper back.

solid14th

Probably a Milwaukee SMS 122 pH controller (not sure if there is a new model now, I've had two of this model for about 3 years). They ran _around_ $100 when I got them new as best I can remember.
I'm assuming that's what you were doing with the Reefkeeper, just using the pH probe to control the CO2.

That is the route I was thinking.