RLSS R6-i

tresguey

I purchased the RLSS R6-i from Amazon last week. Amazon says it has an estimated delivery date between April 11th to March 18th. This will be used for a new build on either a 90 gallon or 120 reef tank I am accumulating parts for. I emailed RLSS asking them if they are on back order. And if this was a good ETA. Their only response was you can purchase them on BRS, Salty Supply and Marine Depot. I checked all 3 and none of them had them. I replied informing them none of those suppliers had them in stock 4 days ago. Still no response. Has anyone had any experience with their customer service? Is it worth the wait? Maybe I should have translated the email to French(Canadian company)? LOL

I purchased the RLSS R6-i from Amazon last week. Amazon says it has an estimated delivery date between April 11th to March 18th. This will be used for a new build on either a 90 gallon or 120 reef tank I am accumulating parts for. I emailed RLSS asking them if they are on back order. And if this was a good ETA. Their only response was you can purchase them on BRS, Salty Supply and Marine Depot. I checked all 3 and none of them had them. I replied informing them none of those suppliers had them in stock 4 days ago. Still no response. Has anyone had any experience with their customer service? Is it worth the wait? Maybe I should have translated the email to French(Canadian company)? LOL

That I know of only Salty Supply carries them that is where I got mine. I have never had to deal with their customer service though. So far it has been the best skimmer I have owned. There is a new brand that is kind of a RLSS knock off being sold by Dr Foster&Smith as a Simplicity skimmer (jebao vs waveline pump) and it is about $100 cheaper. If you do not need the skimmer now and can wait I really recommend it. Look up videos on youtube and reviews online they are solid

Here is a link

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=32352

Just checked salty supply and they have the RLSS R6i in stock.

http://www.saltysupply.com/brands-s...ternal-protein-skimmer-w-waveline-dc4000.html

Thanks, I have read all the reviews as well. That is one of the reasons I chose this skimmer. But I am a National Sales Manager for a company that makes performance auto products and know some companies stack reviews in their favor. So I wanted to know what the general census was in the forum.

Actually Salty Supply says they are on back order. I tried them first.

Just hope I receive it in the window Amazon says.

This will be my first reef tank I have built in years. I'm trying to go the just get what I want route slowly, not the I can up grade later route.

I have this skimmer and love it. I would say its well worth the wait especially since your only accumulating parts for a build. I bought mine from aquatic kingdom in Mississauga that the owner of RLSS owns. Ive never had to deal with them other then in person and Ive had good experience with them. Im gonna buy the waveline DC return pump for my tank because the pump in my skimmer is so ridiculously quiet its amazing.

I just wish they would answer my email...I purchased the Fluval Sea SP4 for my return pump because I heard it was a good pump that was very quiet.

I am about to join the RLSS club as I am getting a 10i used from a local. He raves about it and is only replacing it to try out a bubble king.

He also told me that he contacted RLSS when he got it last year to help with tuning it in and said they where helpful.

From what I have read the RLSS seems to be worth the wait.

Check out Aquatic Warehouse in Kearny Mesa it is a LFS and I believe that they have them in stock, they are close to Aqua SD nice little road trip not far for me a little more for you.

Back