RO/DI Flushing

Portsie

Hi all, looking for some membrane flushing advice. I watched the BRS video, and they recommend flushing before and after each use. My questions are 1) do you guys do this? 2) when flushing the membrane, does anything come out the permeate hose? I have mine hooked to a float valve in my brute, so it would be a hassle to disconnect everytime. 3) I don't have any y connectors to install the valve to bypass the flow restrictor on the waste water hose, will 2 t's be ok to use instead?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

T's and elbows will work fine, and with mine water does come out of the filtered water line when I flush it. I put a valve on the filtered water line just for this reason. I do flush before and after use.

I used to flush it before use for about 1-2 minutes. Went through DI resin really quick. I changed to at least 5 minute flush while watching the TDS meter and when it drops as low as it will go (between 6-12 before DI) then I switch the valve back to normal and my DI resin has lasted much longer. Either way my TDS is always 0 after DI.

Yes, flush before and after each time. If u dont you ro membrane will slowly clog. Yes, water still comes out di side.

Ok, thanks everyone, should I be valving the di line? Or will the water coming out of it be 0 tds anyway, and fine for use?

Back