RO/DI instalation help please :confused:

4jlong

Hi, I am having trouble getting my new RO/DI unit to not leak. I bought the hose bib adapter and a Y fitting to hook it up the my washing machine faucet. First water was shooting out where you screw the hose bib adapter on, teflontape fixed that but now there is a very steady drip where the 1/4 line connects to the adapter. I am trying to add a pic:

103_0822.jpg

I hope that worked....anyway, what can I do to stop the 1/4 line from leaking? Thanks for your help, I REALLY appreciate it! :D

is the end of the white line that's going into the connecter flat? is it fully inserted? i'm sure you've thought of this already but those are the first two things to come to my mind.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14180495#post14180495 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dwd5813
is it fully inserted?

That's usually the problem. Remove it and re-insert it making sure to push it all the way in.

Hey dwd!!!!

:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14180519#post14180519 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Misled
Remove it and re-insert it making sure to push it all the way in.

always good advice. :D

HEY! another escapee!!

There are better fittings available for that application. The slip fittings tend to leak unless the polyflow tubing is situated just right. You can screw around with it to get it to stop leaking and worry about it leaking again when your not paying attention or just get a plastic pressure fitting similar to the ones used with gas lines. Those tend to solve the problem.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14180495#post14180495 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dwd5813
is the end of the white line that's going into the connecter flat? is it fully inserted? i'm sure you've thought of this already but those are the first two things to come to my mind.

yeah, i even took the line out and gave it a fresh cut....I HATE PLUMBING!:mad:

no there aren't any c-clip fittings that came with the unit :(

I wonder if the adapter that pierces your copper line works any better? of course if that one leaked I'd really be screwed! I guess I will try to find a plastic pressure fitting, (like Playa-1 suggested), when I can go to the store tomorrow.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14180536#post14180536 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by oldreefer76
There should also have been a blue colored c-clip that you insert to make sure that connection stays tight

I just found the blue clips on the web site, (airwaterice), I don't know why they didn't send any with the filter :confused: maybe I can find some tomorrow and try that too.

Back