ROCK and AWE

jigglyman

I'll get into details about the rock further on, but I'd first like to comment on what a great business transaction this has been. I almost hate to use that phrase: 'business transaction,' because this was more like dealing with a friend than a vendor. I had a few 'quirks' to my order and Richard had no problem accommodating my request. When my tank was ready, it was a matter of a simple email to let TBS know I was ready for delivery of 'part 1.' I expected an email reply back. Instead, Richard called me to let me know he was diving THAT DAY and wanted to know if I could pick up my shipment THE NEXT DAY!!! The rock I was about to get was going from the Gulf to my tank in less than 24 hours.

Shipping to the airport (Harrisburg, PA) was only $80 for the first part and $95 for the second and everything came intact (one box was leaking a bit, but the bags inside were OK.)

The live rock that came in 'part 1' was loaded with critters, macros, tunicates, sponges and more. And this is what I was buying as 'base rock.' When 'part 2' of my order arrived, I was overwhelmed by everything. To be honest - maybe I got too much that I wasn't ready for. The live rock was covered in coralline, caulerpa, barnacles, dusters, cup corals and loads of hitchhikers. Plus Richard added a goody-pack with a few condi anemones, several sponges and 2 very cool decorator crabs.

This has been hands down the best interaction I've had since entering the fish-keeping hobby (20+ years freshwater and about ... 20 weeks saltwater :)

The biggest problem I have now with my tank is cleaning the nose-prints off the glass.

Thanks TBS. You've got a customer for life.

Sounds great :D.

I've been following threads in the section a lot and I'm looking forward to being able to order a package from Richard in a month or whenever I pick up the pace and finish my slow build.

Re: ROCK and AWE

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12916052#post12916052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jigglyman
I'll get into details about the rock further on, but I'd first like to comment on what a great business transaction this has been. I almost hate to use that phrase: 'business transaction,' because this was more like dealing with a friend than a vendor. I had a few 'quirks' to my order and Richard had no problem accommodating my request. When my tank was ready, it was a matter of a simple email to let TBS know I was ready for delivery of 'part 1.' I expected an email reply back. Instead, Richard called me to let me know he was diving THAT DAY and wanted to know if I could pick up my shipment THE NEXT DAY!!! The rock I was about to get was going from the Gulf to my tank in less than 24 hours.

Shipping to the airport (Harrisburg, PA) was only $80 for the first

part and $95 for the second and everything came intact (one box was leaking a bit, but the bags inside were OK.)

The live rock that came in 'part 1' was loaded with critters, macros, tunicates, sponges and more. And this is what I was buying as 'base rock.' When 'part 2' of my order arrived, I was overwhelmed by everything. To be honest - maybe I got too much that I wasn't ready for. The live rock was covered in coralline, caulerpa, barnacles, dusters, cup corals and loads of hitchhikers. Plus Richard added a goody-pack with a few condi anemones, several sponges and 2 very cool decorator crabs.

This has been hands down the best interaction I've had since entering the fish-keeping hobby (20+ years freshwater and about ... 20 weeks saltwater :)

The biggest problem I have now with my tank is cleaning the nose-prints off the glass.

Thanks TBS. You've got a customer for life.

Feedback like that makes me real happy!

I like nose prints on the glass..thanks for the kind words...

and so much for the feedback, really makes this one man band happy!

Enjoy!

Richard TBS:rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

Back