Rock scape ideas

parthpoo

Can someone tell me if this is a good rock scape? It's for a 10 gallon. (The tape around the rocks is an outline of my tank, the tape outline is a bit smaller than my actual tank.) please give some tips on my scape.
1fa2f80b99e424346ec10e31fc53bc4c.jpg

A combination of nooks and crannies plus some open space, arranged in a way that you find visually appealing and makes your life easier for maintenance is the best rockscape.

With what you have in the photo, it seems visually appealing to me and provides both open spaces and nooks and crannies. Thus, I say it looks like a win.

One caveat is the ability to maintain the tank, as in cleaning glass, etc. With that in mind, what is on the left-hand side and in the foreground may make it difficult to slide a glass cleaning magnet through between the glass and the rock, or even make it difficult to get a long-handled scraper in there. That could make for frustration down the road when working on tank maintenance.

Jimbob made some great points to consider. The other thing I would look at if its a factor for you, is what corals do you want and where and how are you going to mount them and how are they going to grow without causing any future issues or accessability.

Here of late I have found that sometimes less rock when arranged properly is actually more in that I can get a very functional arrangement that still looks nice.

Back