RODI system

Nate2005

I just got this new RODI system today and I flushed it like it said then began to fill my containers , there was more waste water than clean water is this normal ,the waste water actually overflowed and there was water everywhere [emoji28].
32d586fdd531ba229c2b1a4b2925d549.jpg
32d586fdd531ba229c2b1a4b2925d549.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there are more waste water than product water 1:4 that the ratio to my RO/DI unit. My waste water goes straight to the drain. If you are collecting waste water you would ne a container 4 times at big at your holding storage. A flow valve to stop water from running whenever storage is full would be a good idea

Lots of reading in your future. Buying products that you don't read about will cost you a lot in this hobby; by the RO system you bought i can tell you cant afford to make these mistakes again.

Ask questions before you open that wallet, we can suggest things like NOT buy that RO system :)

K thanks for your feedback, next time I will do more research [emoji16]

and yes I'm on a budget ,but this RO system has been doing just fine for me .

and yes I'm on a budget ,but this RO system has been doing just fine for me .

What's the waste rejection ratio, what's the pressure, what does your city water use for chlorine/chloramines, what's the GPD on the RO membrane, whats the temp of the water going in? Does the DI have Color changing resin?

Also a big question is can you replace the cartridges easy/cheap compared to normal?

Do you have a TDS meter to know when filters are running out?

FYI: these are just the questions to ask so we can help out. No ones here to troll or be rude. If you were close (i assume your not in the states) id love to help, i have so much "stuff" to give fellow reefers starting out

The GPD is 100 ,yes it has color changing resin , and ratio is about 4 gallons of waste to 1 gallon of filtered water .no I don't have tds meter ,and all ik is our tap water is relatively clean I've had to use it for my nano reef and everything's as fine .

Back