RODI water container

jerryla

I have two Rubbermaid Brute 32 gallon containers I got from Lowes. I have been fighting brown algae outbreaks the next day after weekly 20% water change. I replaced all my rodi filters and resin. Coming out of RODI unit the water test is 000. After circulating and heating water for just a few hours I get a reading of 065-075. I thought my containers were food safe and work great with the caster base to roll from laundry room to tank.Are the Brute containers that Lowes has food grade?

It's normal for the TDS to rise some when RO/DI water is stored. It'll pick up some leaching from the container, particulates, and carbon dioxide. I would try cleaning the container well with some vinegar, to see whether that helps. Generally, people have had good luck with Brute containers, but you might be the unlucky exception. Can you post a picture of the label for the product, or the container?

That should be fine, too, as long as the acid is handle appropriately. Vinegar is forgiving. Mineral acids can require careful handling. Personally, I stick with the safer chemicals as much as possible.

Back