rodi water is never zero

Have 2 rodi units 1, 4 stage 1, 5 stage. Just never been able to get my water down to 0. With new filters it will get down in the low teens but usually have to change them out every 4 to 6 weeks. Live in the country so running well water anyone else have this problem and solve it.

Well Water has a substantial amount of elements for your unit to recover your water correctly BUT with new filters you should be able to get it at "0" with your TDS Meter. Is your meter calibrated correctly? And do you know the line pressure of the water going through the membrane? If it is forced through to quickly your unit will have difficulty to do the job as designed.

I would check your pressure. Well water usually fluctuates in pressure from 30 to 50 psi. Most units need around 60 psi to work perfectly. You can change the pressure your well water is at, or purchase a booster pump.

Buckeye Field Supply is a great vendor and they are on RC. Maybe you could look them up and ask a few questions. They are always helpful. And if you want to buy a new system, theirs are some of the best (I have one).

Our city uses mostly well water (TAP tds IS ABOUT 430) and I have to run two DI filters in series to get my TDS to zero. When I start to see a TDS reading, I move the last filter into the first position and then add the new DI filter to the last position.

Back