routing / securing RO water tubing

For those of you that have their RODI water tubing set up in their UNFINISHED basement. When it comes to routing the tubing to waste drain, or routing from water source to filters......how do you guys secure the lines to the wall?

I have seen some that use wiremold, and others that use the 1/4" fasteners that you screw into the wall. With me drilling into block wall, I don't want to have a bunch of holes just to secure it in place. That's certainly the easiest option. I have also seen tubing brackets sold on BRS. That would make this nice and neat, but would still need to screw a number of holes in the block. I don't think I can get around that. But with the holes being so close to each other, I worry that the block might crumble and my holes wouldn't be clean. Maybe I'm overthinking that, but maybe single hole mounts are best

I'd like to know how you guys have done it.

Last edited:
The only places I have my tubing fastened to the wall are up on the floor joists. One line runs probably 40' to the refrigerator in the kitchen. I think I used electrical staples and just didn't hammer them all the way in. My waste line goes straight into the utility sink.

ya, I have the joist run figured out over to the actual water bins

I guess I could do the same, and go up to the joists, then over, and then down to the sink drain. That would allow me to work only with securing to wood joists.

I would also need to do the same with the supply water, since it's at the same location.

I was thinking of the shortest route.

Last edited:
If possible, I'd avoid routing the waste line uphill to prevent back-pressure from affecting the unit, but it probably doesn't make too much difference. The input line makes no difference at all - it's driven by your incoming line pressure.

Go easy - Loews & Home Depot sell 6mm (1/4") cable tie towns that come with a masonry nail.

One smack of the nail - boom - done. For me I use the tie towns with one tube, but then eventually ran three RO lines but just zip tied them all together.

You find them in with the cable TV / networking stuff - not in the general electric section.

Back