Royal Exclusive Pump Stopped working

Johnic

Premium Member
Note it's the main tank pump too.
So its run non stop for me for over 5 years but I noticed it wasn't performing correctly the last day or so and to be honest I haven't cleaned it for about 8 months.
I shut it down and opened it up to clean it and I found the main shaft rusted out (see pics). Fortunately I had an extra shaft to replace it with.
I cleaned the pump and inserted the new shaft and put it back in the water and the main control panel doesn't lite up and the pump doesn't want to run.

Mystified how it was running and all I did was shut it down to clean and now it doesn't fire back up...the control panel doesn't even go on....why ??

Post this in the Royal Exclusive thread in the Sponsor Forum. Scott will see this.
Tag him too. [MENTION=225253]slief[/MENTION]

I replied to your other post. Glad we had a chance to talk by phone as well. In looking at your pictures, my guess is that the the bulge at the bottom of the impeller shaft caused friction inside the motor and eventually overloaded and killed the controller. That would also explain the rust on the titanium sleeve. Looking at the picture, there appear to be some scratches on the sleeve itself. I wonder if your pump sucked something into like sand or a snail it and sent debris in through the anti lime bypass in the back of the motor. If so, it's possible that the debris compromised the seal on the back of the magnet.

Back