Roy's List is here! Identification and care of stomatopods.

Wow...Roy that is a magnificent page exactly what we needed! Id have to say my favorite from that list is Gonodactylellus caldwelli, I wonder where it got its species name from :D

Dr. Roy, i found a misstake in the Gonodactylaceus graphurus page.

Aquarium substrate: Requires tight-fitting, long narrow cavity, either pvc pipe or in rubble

Suitability for Aquarium: Good; needs stable water parameters; not active but usually can be seen looking out of cavity entrance; use of unusual telson that mimics urchin is interesting

Availability: Rare; occasionally can be specially ordered from collectors in Hawaii; while common at 20ââ"šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“30 m, because of the nature of their cavities, E. guerinii are extremely difficult to collect alive

This ist not for G. graphurus, but E. guerinii

And the Hyperlink in Distinguishing Characters (same page) is broken.

Greetings
Timmy

Thanks Dr Roy!

Getting a mantis over here in the UK has been a nightmare as even the best stores categorise as Small, Medium and Peacock :( Hopefully I can now diredt people to your list to get a better idea of what I'm getting.

Cheers,

Ed

Timmy,

When the material was put up, some changes were made to my layout. Obviously a few glitches occurred in the translation. I should have proofed the site before I released the url. Sorry. We will fix it Monday or Tuesday.

Roy

I was being a smart alec for him pointing out an error. I guess I should give up the quick reply button for a few smileys.

Kim

LittlePuff said:
I was being a smart alec for him pointing out an error. I guess I should give up the quick reply button for a few smileys.

Kim

He's from Germany they spell mistake with two "s" over there. Thats why its a mistake ;)

Roy's List is now fixed (I hope)!

Roy's List is now fixed (I hope)!

The G. graphurus page is fixed so that it now has the correct information on care and availability. You can also now see the drawing of the carinule.

Roy

never ending mantis shrimp

never ending mantis shrimp

I have only had my tank for 6 months and have already had 3 mantis shrimp. They hitch hiked onto my LR. I got rid of the first two and now I can't catch this third one. Why did they appear right after each other and not all at once? I have yet to see the current one but I can sure hear him! I have a couple of clown fish, a yellow tang, a 6 line wrasse,a cleaner shrimp and a blood shrimp. None of them have been affected by the mantis but all of my cleaner crew (snails) have been smashed. I desparetly want to get rid of it! I'm just more curious as to why one keeps appearing after the other?

ooo hells no! a chiragra! those are the biggest gonodactylus! right behind peacocks in brute strength! the saying bigger is badder applies to these guys! your guy might even double in size!

Back