Sad day...

think_tink13

Mrs.Tugglife
I woke up to find Elmo, my clown, dried up behind my door. This is my second loss in a week! My cleaner shrimp, Jack, disappeared around Monday, and he was my very first tank inhabitant.

I haven't had a fish jump in over a year and I have egg crate on top of my tank! His partner in crime hasn't left the corner he jumped from all morning! It sucks losing fish this way! Since I started my nano only 1 fish has died in the tank, the other 3 have all jumped and only 1 has been caught by my cat! Do clowns usually survive once their partner has died?

David - Miami

Aquanot!
Sorry for your loss. Clowns are easily repaired with a new mate. Just throw another clown in there and in time they are as happy as ever.

think_tink13

Mrs.Tugglife
Thanks everyone, I'm going to pick up a new "elmo" sometime today. I don't like to see the other one alone!

Rob, I've tried not to name my fish, but I've been doing it since I was in 7th grade with my first goldfish, and that one lasted 5 years! And the majority of the time, the names come from my mom or little cousin, hence the names Elmo and Zoe!

think_tink13

Mrs.Tugglife
The guy at the store really didn't want to sell me a new clown. He said my clown would probably kill the new one since its been established for over a year. Any suggestions for a new fish? I also have a goby in the tank.

lpsluver

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15506066#post15506066 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by think_tink13
The guy at the store really didn't want to sell me a new clown. He said my clown would probably kill the new one since its been established for over a year. Any suggestions for a new fish? I also have a goby in the tank.
Not sure I agree with the LFS. You just need to really know what size you have & know what the sex of the survivor is. If the survivor is a female get a much smaller male (I'm pretty sure all clowns start off as males). If you have the male then get a much larger or smaller fish and things will sort themselves out. The larger fish will become the female and you will have a new couple (hopefully).