Sad, sad day

Sorry for your loss.

Thirteen years is a ripe old age for any dog.

My roommate had a black lab named Bella that loved the water. We would go to the lake and she would be out swimming all day long. But her tail was a menace in the house. Used to knock stuff over all the time.

Sorry to hear about your dog. My cat is about 6 years old (had her since she was a kitten) and i don't know what id do if i lost her.

You all are so wonderful for you kind words. Thank you so much.

A little history...Lacey came to us in 1994. She had a litter of 11 puppies in 98'. We kept one of them, Tucker. He is 9 now, and still going strong. Raider is 3...he was the spur of the moment purchase...and now one of my dearest "babies".

For 9 years I had two black labs, for 3 years I had three...now I am back to two. I know Lacey is in a better place...free of the pain that she hid so well from us...she died in our arms. We were with her in her darkest hours and final minutes...she lays to rest now next to a stream she loved to play in.

Thanks again for you support.

Kris

I did not know what to do when I lost my 14 year old golden retriever but My cocopoo chears me up he is only 2 i have to wait a while before losing him...sorry about your loss...It is very hard..think of him going to a better place!

As the owner of the worlds greatest chocolate lab, I can feel for you. I know the day will come when I will lose her but it will break my heart. So sorry for you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10471840#post10471840 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kwaters
I know Lacey is in a better place...free of the pain that she hid so well from us...she died in our arms. We were with her in her darkest hours and final minutes...she lays to rest now next to a stream she loved to play in.

Kris

Awwww that's so sad!!! Sorry about your loss! I have a little Westie that's 1 and it's hard to imagine we will outlive him :(

sorry to hear that your dog has passed away. sometimes, when I walk into the kitchen at my mom's I still make sure i'm careful not to step on the spot where my old golden used to sleep. they never really leave us, because they live on in our memories

Back